A leading physical therapy practice with 12 locations in the NYC metro area had an aging website, no online marketing strategy, and antiquated internal business processes tied to pen-and-paper scheduling which caused substantial operational inefficiencies and poor patient communication.
Phase 1 – Research & Redesign
- Conducted in-depth research of the client’s market position, competition, internal operations, and desired outcomes. Visited each individual practice location to interview key stakeholders.
- Completely redesigned website with a focus on patient-friendliness, SEO optimization, and brand accessibility. Emphasis was placed on establishing a clear visual hierarchy focused around key messages to both prospective and existing patients. Boring text-heavy pages were replaced with tasteful animation, vibrant and consistent iconography/typography, and smaller blocks of bullet-point and short-form text.
- Established a company blog to encourage dialogue with patients, provide a platform for practice news/updates, and increase Recovery Physical Therapy’s presence in the online health community
Phase II – Development of New Features & Functionality
- Integrated Online Appointment Scheduling to streamline interaction with patients while reducing practice overhead
- Enabled patients to submit pre-appointment paperwork directly via the web, cutting both waiting room time and back-end data-entry costs
- Overhauled company’s scheduling processes and practice management technology
- Custom-developed a back-end scheduling platform
linked to company website to replace “the book”
(antiquated pen & paper scheduling)
- Created automatic E-mail and SMS appointment reminders system to reduce appointment “no shows”, save staff time, and lower phone costs
- Implemented first-ever standardized company-wide reporting platform & process
- In-depth configuration of Google Analytics to track not only traffic-related events but also specific usage events like form submissions, document downloads, and user searches.
Phase II – Site Launch & Marketing Plan Execution
- Regularly Posted News & Updates to Company Blog
- Deployed targeted E-mail Blasts to patient introducing the new site and it’ many features
- Acquired targeted inbound links and ad placements from high-ranking relevant websites
- Launched targeted local marketing program that established overwhelming brand presence for RPT on local directory sites like Yelp.com, CitySearch.com, Google Local, and Yahoo Local.
- 57% Increase in overall organic traffic from search engines within 60 days of launch
- 380% increase in search engine traffic from “non-branded” search terms within 60 days of launch. These are queries that did not include the name of the business, such as generic searches for “New York physical therapy”.
- Total Dominance in Search Engines for target Keyphrases - Page 1 rankings in Google, Yahoo, and Bing for key terms like “nyc physical therapy”, “upper west side physical therapy”, “wall street physical therapy”, etc.
- New patients acquired direct as a result of web marketing activities resulting in more than 3x ROI on marketing spend
- Extremely positive feedback from new and existing patients about website, scheduling experience, and convenience